Friday, October 29, 2010

Horribly Awesome Movies

While riding our luxury bus back from Fernhill on Tuesday someone mentioned that that chixses thought Ascott looked a lot like John Mayer.  Well... John Mayer is a giant.  Have you seen that guy?  The dude's 6'3''.  At any rate it got everyone making casting calls.  There were some obvious ones like Cheech to Garse, RC to Marky Mark, and Kip City to Samuel L.  There were also some risky ones like me to Johnny Rico and FPJ to our very own DP.

The Johnny Rico reference had me longing to see myself in action, mostly because I still remember my mom trying to cover my eyes from that shower scene.  But I also remember all the cool special effects and guns, I think.  Well, I highly recommend watching this movie to everyone on our team.  I think there's something to be learned about the lesson of being a citizen rather than a civilian, and when a gigantic asteroid destroys only Buenos Aires, but none of the surrounding area, we should know who to blame.

Top Gun - another classic worth watching again*.  This was awesome for the special effects (everyone loved fighter jets) which was enough to take a child's fickle attention away from the obviously real plot of gay companionship

I'm still trying to figure out how Twilight is making its money (95% profits from Boxcar, I assume).

*To our Euros - I guess it'd be the first time you watch it.  My understanding is that those movies have yet to be released over in Europe.  Which may explain why you have such horrible taste.  Who doesn't like cheese?  Not including RC, who doesn't like anything that doesn't grow in his front yard/New Seasons.

1 comment:

  1. starship troopers is one of my favourite movies of all time!!!

    ReplyDelete