Friday, October 8, 2010

Tarry

Tarry typically comes home in a stressed state late at night, hands/body parts jazzing out of control, only to unnecessarily remain awake for an extra couple hours.  Instead of winding down with Bill Maher (traded 6 mos. HBO for free 24-pack of Bud55), Tarry opens his computer in the living room and begins watching Glee.  Upon discovering Britney Spears is featured in this evening's show, Tarry slowly adjusts the acoustics of the house: "Do you mind if I turn the TV down?  Are you even watching this?  God, this is so annoying, why is there so much Britney Spears?"  Tarry raises the volume of his laptop/Britney Spears and begins tapping his feet to it.  "If you want me to go somewhere else, just let me know."

Enough was enough.  Yeah, do you mind going into your room with that?  Tarry began mumbling, mostly to himself, as he began moving to his room: "Isn't this annoying?  I wish they wouldn't keep playing Britney Spears.  I don't even know how she's still so popular.  Like, I could understand if you're from a different country and...." Finally his voice became muffled behind his closed door.

I turned off the TV and made moves to get to bed when the music from Tarry's room became louder than it was out in the living room.  Jesus Christ.  He's playing "baby one more time" by Britney, and this time, it's absolutely not coming from the episode of Glee he was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment