Well, there's nothing better to do with my life other than update this blog and change settings on facebook because nothing interesting is happening on that site right now anyway. Over the past month or so I've been "making lots of new friends" on facebook with the move out to Portland. Big Bob remarked at my friends at the time (over 1300) and talked about how Soberding thought he had a lot, even though he was well under 1000. What a n00b. At any rate, I'm now rapidly deleting everyone that I was friends with just because they were friends with one of my ex-girlfriends from high school or because they were freshmen on the track team, who never spoke to me, during my senior year, etc.
I'm 100% positive that in some capacity this will come back to haunt me. Who knows, maybe the cool girl in high school I just defriended (that is now, I can judge with good accuracy by her pictures, a stripper married to the owner of the club) will become my boss someday in some sick twist of fate. In that case I can only hope I don't end up in the stripping business. Only one person, I hope, will find that previous statement extremely hilarious/ironic.
Do I really need to be friends with Brie Felnagle? I don't think so. I'm happily relinquishing my facebook friend crown to you, Soberding. May you find happiness in being friends with that one super-creepy photo-taking stalker guy that wants to be friends with all athletes at our school. As well as that one dude with the profile picture of a completely fake never-seen-before hot chick that will spam you for porn subscriptions. Awesome.

I'm around 100 right now, it's the way to go
ReplyDeleteyou're also not friends with weichmann or sleeman. that just sounds like missed potential in your case. how many people have asked you why you defriended them?
ReplyDelete